Douglas Park School is pleased to announce that we are now able to send announcements via SMS text messaging to your mobile phones. If you would like to receive these announcements as text messages, please do the following:
- Ensure your school has your cell phone number on file. If the school did not have your cell phone number on file and added it recently, wait at least 24 hours before proceeding to the next step.
- From your cell phone, text the word “Join” to the number 56360. If our messaging system finds a match for your number in its database, you receive a confirmation message thanking you for joining school alerts. At any time, you can unsubscribe by texting “Stop” to 56360.
- Create a contact on your phone with the name of your school or school district (if you have children in multiple schools in the district), or another meaningful name, and the phone number 56360. Then when you receive a text from this number, you know who is sending it.
The purposes of SchoolConnects use are for:
- Emergency Notification
- School day disruptions (program or service cancellations/changes, early closures, other operational problems)
- Future school day or event disruptions/cancellations (no school, early release, etc.)